The eye area is the most delicate area of the face and it is the first spot where premature aging signs show up. Small wrinkles around the eyes appear from the early 20’s. At this age, you must start to be more careful around your eyes, and start to be more dedicated to your skincare routine. And what’s the best way to treat your eye area? Of course, a Korean eye cream!
Why are Korean eye creams so popular?
Their popularity is based on the excellent ingredients that Korean companies use for their products. They choose the best ingredients for every requirement, combined with the right combinations and concentrations to give the best results with affordable products. Also, it is obvious that Koreans know better when it comes to skincare (their 10 steps skincare routine is totally worth the hype!).
What ingredients you should look for?
Based on your needs, mainly you should look for :
• Ceramides: Lipids that naturally occur in the skin and are used to reduce puffiness and tired and saggy eyes by eliminating the water loss.
• Hyaluronic acid: The best ingredient for moisture! Hyaluronic acid with low molecular weight can hold up to 1000 times its own weight in water and stimulates collagen production.
• Retinol: That’s the anti-aging superstar. Retinol accelerates the cellular turnover and stimulates collagen and elastin production. It can eliminate the wrinkles and fine lines and it can also help with hyperpigmentation and improve the color of the skin.
• Vitamin C&E: Both vitamins fight free radicals that are produced by the UV lights and are the main cause of premature aging(and your eyes are very prone to it!). Also, they boost collagen production and make your skin firmer and plumper.
Although these are the main ingredients, you will rarely recognize them as they are hidden in the natural ingredients that Koreans love to use.
What is the best Korean eye cream for you?
1. Saturday skin Wide Awake Brightening Eye Cream
This cream is the absolute remedy for your dark circles and your puffy eyes. It combines date seed extract, avocado protein extract, hyaluronic acid, and a complex of peptides and it gives your eyes a brighter and firmer look. It is SLS free and can be used by all skin types.
2. AHC Real Eye Cream for Face
You can actually use this cream on your face too! AHC is one of the most well-known Korean brands and the fastest-growing skincare company. It combines rice bran extract with coconut water and a complex of peptides and it smoothes fine lines, reduces wrinkles, and makes your face firmer, brighter, and smoother. This cream is for all skin types and because of its light texture, it is perfect for oily skin.
3. Mizon Cosmetics Snail Repair Eye Cream
This cream contains 80% snail mucin that has regeneration effects. Also, it contains niacinamide and peptides to brighten and tighten your under-eye area. This cream promises to eliminate your fine lines and your dark circles but also to keep this sensitive area hydrated. It is suitable for all skin types.
4. Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Hydro Soothe Eye Gel
This cooling eye cream is the best Korean eye cream if you wanna get rid of your dry, puffy, and tired eyes. This extra hydrating cream contains pumpkin extract, arnica, bromelain, AquaMinerals, and pink Himalayan salt. It is used to restore the elasticity of your tired eyes and make them firmer and relaxed. It is suitable for dry skin, but it can be used by all skin types.
5. Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream
This product is made to treat more severe and deep eye wrinkles. With a mix of 75% marine collagen and hyaluronic acid, this cream is going to glow up your eyes. Collagen is a mix with adenosine that improves the elasticity of the skin and inhibits and reduces the formation of fine lines, while hyaluronic acid keeps moisturized and tight the area. It is suitable for all skin types and especially for sensitive skin as it is hypoallergic, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, and paraben-free!
Let’s face it, we all just want an eye cream that will keep us looking young and fresh. What I love about these Korean eye creams, is they make products that specifically target specific problems. Not just for the general dilemma of aging. If you have tried any of these products, please let me know in the comments below! You can also post some other suggestions in the comment box. <3